Helps you to quickly locate and use the "momentarily important" information that is essential to the practice of high-quality veterinary medicine.
The most trusted and well-known quick reference for veterinarians, it provides swift, convincing answers to every query about canine and feline health. This latest update is based on the 5th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Whether you're a student or a practicing veterinarian this bestselling resource will cut down on time spent navigating through other resources, allowing you to study, diagnose
and treat more quickly.
Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline consists of 838 specific disorders written by more than 300 top specialists. Each topic covers clinical signs, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. This bestselling resource cuts down time spent on navigating through other resources, allowing to study, diagnose and treat more quickly.
- Fully revised to reflect the latest research, with dozens of new topics
- Fast, affordable access to the accumulated wisdom of hundreds of experts
- 5 Calculators and 10 interactive flowcharts
- Essential information for the student or veterinary practitioner
- Quick and easy searching either by alphabetical listing or by specialty
- More than 300 Client Handouts are available online for your customization and use in practice, in addition to an image and video bank
- 5 Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within clinical topics to
- Conversion Tables of Weight to BSA(In Square Meters)
- Clinical Biochemical Units
- Hematologic Units
- Weight-Unit Conversion Factors
- Celsius to and from Fahrenheit!
Flowchart: Complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools.
This innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models.
Full color images: This product has images that make the content come to life.
Table Viewer: All the richness of extensive tables, easily viewable on the compact screen of your mobile device.
Larry P. Tilley, DVM, DiplACVIM (Internal Medicine) is President of VetMed Consultants and Chief Medical Officer of Dr. Tilley & Associates in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
Francis W. K. Smith, Jr. DVM, Dipl ACVIM (Internal Medicine & Cardiology) is Vice President, VetMed Consultants in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA; and Clinical Assistant
Professor, Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts, USA.
Available in 2 types.
- Subscription (1 year) $88
- Standard edition $104
Which should you choose?
- The product will only work on one device and cannot be moved to another device
- Free content updates for 12 months (not including new editions)
- Continued use on one device for the life of the device.
- 90 days phone support (chat and email ongoing)
- Free new editions included during term of subscription
- Convenient auto-renewal option for continued use
- Ongoing phone, chat and email support
- Device upgrade protection
Why Choose a Subscription?
- For access to the most current clinical resources
- For drug guides that are frequently updated
- You are a student doing rotations and require access for only a limited time
- You want to familiarize yourself with topics outside your specialty
- It is more economical for short-term use
- For better support options, including unlimited phone support
Why Choose the Standard Purchase Option?
- For content that is not frequently updated or unlikely to change
- To build a personal medical reference library
- You are a student needing the same reference for the length of your studies and beyond