A quick reference for pertinent physiologic and pharmacologic information, including drugs and complementary therapeutic modalities used to treat pain.
Handbook of Veterinary Pain Management provides instant access to clinically relevant information on pain assessment, pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment options, guidelines for managing acute and chronic pain, and unique aspects of pain management in dogs, cats, horses, cattle, birds, reptiles, ferrets, and rabbits.
- Designed for both busy practitioners and students who need easy access to accurate information
- The most current information available on analgesic drugs and pain management techniques
- An expanded section on Pain Management in Horses and Cattle, including new advances in treatment
- Eight new sections offering cutting-edge coverage of hot topics in the field, including:
- Pain Management in the Cat
- Pain Management for the Pet Bird
- Clinical Approaches to Analgesia in Reptiles
- Clinical Approaches to Analgesia in Ferrets and Rabbits
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in Dogs
- Rehabilitation Methods and Modalities for the Cat
- Quality of Life Issues
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- User-friendly format
- Fast access to pharmacologic protocols and clinical applications, including dosages, indications, contraindications, and side effects
- Complementary and alternative treatment strategies are included throughout to assist you in using the latest non-pharmacological pain treatments
- Case studies that help you sharpen your pain assessment and management skills
Available in 2 types.
- Subscription (1 year) $54.00
- Standard edition $63.00
Which should you choose?
- The product will only work on one device and cannot be moved to another device
- Free content updates for 12 months (not including new editions)
- Continued use on one device for the life of the device.
- 90 days phone support (chat and email ongoing)
- Free new editions included during term of subscription
- Convenient auto-renewal option for continued use
- Ongoing phone, chat and email support
- Device upgrade protection
Why Choose a Subscription?
- For access to the most current clinical resources
- For drug guides that are frequently updated
- You are a student doing rotations and require access for only a limited time
- You want to familiarize yourself with topics outside your specialty
- It is more economical for short-term use
- For better support options, including unlimited phone support
Why Choose the Standard Purchase Option?
- For content that is not frequently updated or unlikely to change
- To build a personal medical reference library
- You are a student needing the same reference for the length of your studies and beyond