This concise version of Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions includes almost all of the same terms from all areas of nursing, medicine and the health-related professions, A strong emphasis is placed on definitions related to new drugs, health professions, changes in health care delivery, bioterrorism and new technological developments. Condensed definitions incorporate only the most essential information, offering students and professionals a faster reference.
This latest update is based on the 6th edition and 2011 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
- Over 38,700 definitions, with more than 5000 new and 25,000 revised definitions
- Newly added medical English-Spanish Translation Guide
- Emphasis on nursing and health science terminology makes this a useful dictionary for students and practitioners in the nursing and health professions
- Concise definitions
- Current definitions for all NANDA nursing diagnoses, NIC (Nursing Interventions Classifications) and NOC (Nursing Outcomes Classifications)
- British spellings are included where appropriate to assist the user in recognizing alternate spellings
- Pronunciations are provided for key entries
- Etymologies are included for most entries to help the user understand medical terminology and build a professional vocabulary
- Includes a list of commonly used abbreviations
- Word roots and pronunciations are included where appropriate, to help the user learn and correctly use medical terminology