Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia is a convenient, complete and practical resource for administering safe and effective anesthesia to small and large animals, including exotic pets. This latest update is based on the 4th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Long valued by students and practitioners alike, this resource features all the practical and applied aspects of veterinary anesthesia, including patient evaluation, preanesthetic medications, local anesthesia and anesthetic techniques, and more. It describes drugs used perioperatively and their clinical applications in detail and pays special attention to complementary and integrative approaches to pain management.
- Anesthetic protocols for common procedures in each species
- Updated drug information and new pain management techniques
- A new section discussing the unique anesthetic considerations in cats and their clinical applications
- The latest information on local anesthesia drugs and techniques
- Expanded coverage of post-anesthetic care, monitoring and analgesic considerations
- New coverage of the use of constant rate infusion perioperatively
- Expanded coverage of euthanasia, including the most current AVMA guidelines for euthanasia techniques
- Key points and special considerations are now called out in section "Box" to highlight the most important and critical information for immediate access
- Comprehensive yet concise quick reference offering on-the-go, indispensable advice for anesthetic situations
- Dedicated chapters for cats and dogs, and the special needs and considerations of each species are expanded for more comprehensive coverage
- Old and outdated drugs have been eliminated, so the focus is not on the history of veterinary anesthesia but on important, current concepts and techniques
Available in 2 types.
- Subscription (1 year) $66.25
- Standard edition $77.25
Which should you choose?
- The product will only work on one device and cannot be moved to another device
- Free content updates for 12 months (not including new editions)
- Continued use on one device for the life of the device.
- 90 days phone support (chat and email ongoing)
- Free new editions included during term of subscription
- Convenient auto-renewal option for continued use
- Ongoing phone, chat and email support
- Device upgrade protection
Why Choose a Subscription?
- For access to the most current clinical resources
- For drug guides that are frequently updated
- You are a student doing rotations and require access for only a limited time
- You want to familiarize yourself with topics outside your specialty
- It is more economical for short-term use
- For better support options, including unlimited phone support
Why Choose the Standard Purchase Option?
- For content that is not frequently updated or unlikely to change
- To build a personal medical reference library
- You are a student needing the same reference for the length of your studies and beyond